Letter to Host Family
Dear Host Family:
My name is Shaira, 25 years old and I was born on December 25, 1993. Living in the province of Masbate, Philippines. I studied Psychology and worked as a College faculty for about two years, and as of the moment I am looking for a part time job as an online tutor. I would describe myself as a reliable, responsible, initiative, fast learner, friendly, helpful and caring person, who tries to make the best out of every situation. I like spending time with my family as well as my friends they are very important to me. In my free time, I like to listen to music, go shopping or cook. Cooking is one of my favorite hobbies and I also love baking cupcakes or cookies sometimes. Furthermore, I enjoy reading a good book, watching movies and singing even though I cannot sing.
When it comes to childcare experience, I am experienced with taking care of children As an Au pair and a big sister to my host siblings, the qualities or expectation
• Prepare snacks and meal as well as supervise children’s mealtime
• Clean table and space after children’s meals
• Plan outdoor and educational activities of children
• Help children with homework
• Dust and clean children’s bedrooms and play areas
• Plan and supervise rest, bed and sleep times
• Read to children and tell stories
• Reinforce suitable discipline for the children
• Schedule and organize children’s activities
• Transport children to and from school and other social activities and perform light household chores.
The reason why I want to be an Aupair is that I want to get to know the way of life there, to experience different culture and learn their language. Most importantly, it would be a great chance to spend an entire year taking care of children. And of course, it would be great to improve my English skills as well and develop a good relationship, working and living together as a family. I hope to experience an eventful year with you and your kids.