News letter - tips for au pairs in Corona-situation, questionary for au pairs etc.
Apr 24, 2020
Dear au pair,
We hope you had a safe, happy and healthy Easter.
Our latest Newsletter to share with you:
- We suggest consulting the website of the Norwegian Institute of Public Health (Folkehelseinstituttet) to follow up on the latest information to avoid being exposed to Coronavirus:
Energy Au Pair gives basic tips on how to protect yourself and others in the time of the COVID-19 pandemic:
- We recommend avoiding busy areas and large-scale events;
- If you want to meet with your friends, we recommend to choose only one person whom you want to spend time with and preferably outside to prevent yourself and the host family from the risk; According to the guidelines you are allowed to meet up to 4 other people if necessary, but please do your best to meet them outside.
- Please avoiding physical contact with people who are unwell.
- If there is no one from the “risk group” in your host family, then the quarantine restricting measures cannot be imposed on the au pair. However, you should, at least, avoid using public transport and you ought to, of course, follow the basic tips from Folkehelseinstituttet for staying safe.
- If there is anyone in your host family who belongs to the “risk group”, we recommend avoiding physical contact with your friends. Please contact us if you are in this situation and you have some questions about your rights and obligations.
New Norwegian courses will start soon. Please check the latest information about the language courses on our website https://energyaupair.no/norskkurs-for-au-pairer/
Our classes are now held online - you can meet your classmates, who also are au pairs - on Skype or Zoom.
We have available seats on those levels:
- A1-1 (Fridays from 11.00)
- A1-2 (Thursdays at 11.00)
- A2-1 (Wednesdays at 16.15)
- A2-2 (Wednesdays at 11.00)
Please send us an e-mail or call us if you wish to take Norwegian classes!
We would kindly ask you to complete the questionnaire from Caritas Au Pair Center by following the link: https://no.research.net/r/MQ3BSXM
We have been receiving a lot of inquiries about public holidays in Norway recently.
Please see below the Public Holidays in May:
- 01.05 - Labour Day
- 21.05 - Ascension Day
These are days off for au pairs as well. You are not supposed to work on those days.
- In order to get the latest information about visa application processing delays, border opening, and other important updates, please follow the link ( https://energyaupair.no/news/article/96/)
If you have any concerns, or there is perhaps some misunderstanding between your host family and you, do not hesitate to contact us. Remember, Energy Au Pair team is always there for you! We will listen to you and will help you to find the best solution in any situation.